Skip to content

Placer County offices will be closed Monday, Nov. 12, for the Veterans Day holiday

Placer County Housing Authority

Placer County Offers Two Housing Programs

HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing

Image of HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive HousingPlacer County Housing Authority supports local and federal efforts to end homelessness among Placer County veterans. We encourage landlords to participate in our Housing Choice Voucher Program to help achieve this goal of providing a home to veterans who have served our country. HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) combines the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for homeless veterans. The VA provides these services for participating veterans at VA medical centers (VAMC’s) and community based outreach clinics.

Owner Services

New Housing Search Tool for Landlords and Tenants

Placer County Housing Authority has a tool to help bridge the gap between landlords looking to rent their properties and tenants in search of properties to rent.
The web-based tool, allows landlords to list an unlimited number of properties, which subsequently gives tenants immediate access to housing opportunities that fit their needs and that is within their search preferences for housing. Try the new tool at Users can choose to set up an optional profile, at no cost to aid in their search process. A profile provides the user with the opportunity to save searches and favorite properties for future use. Property owners can access a database of prospective tenants that are actively looking to rent, match their property with a tenants needs, and then contact the tenant directly. also offers free call center support to both owners and tenants.

Users will be directed to an external website over which Placer County has no control. Advertising or other messaging on the website do not reflect the views of, or pertain to programs or services provided by Placer County.

Owner Letter

Placer County Veterans Housing from MyPlacer Video Portal on Vimeo.



Housing Choice Voucher Program

Image of Housing Choice Voucher ProgramEqual Housing OpportunityHousing Choice Voucher Program (HCV) - formerly known as the Section 8 Voucher Program, is a rental assistance program to help low and very low-income families, persons with disabilities and seniors so they can live in affordable, safe, and decent housing. This program covers all of Placer County with the exception of the City of Roseville. The City of Roseville has its own Housing Authority which can be accessed at:

Currently, the Placer County Housing Authority waiting list is closed.

If you already applied with Placer County Housing Authority for Housing Choice Voucher rental assistance program, you may check your status at

You will not be able to receive information regarding your application status by calling or coming into the Placer County Housing Authority office.

Where can I apply? 

Pre-applications will only be taken online during open application periods at

Am I eligible?

In order to qualify for housing assistance benefits, your total household income must not exceed the gross income limit for your family size and you meet other program requirements established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. You can find detailed program information and eligibility requirements in the Placer County Housing Authority Administrative Plan.

Household Size Yearly Income
1 $26,000
2 $29,700
3 $33,400
4 $37,100
5 $40,100
6 $43,050
7 $46,050
8 $49,000

If you are determined eligible, your name is put on a waiting list. When your name is reached on the waiting list you will be contacted for an interview.

2018 PCHA Administrative Plan

Utility Allowance

Fair Housing

Placer County residents that are at risk of becoming homeless may also contact the following agencies to see if funding is available to assist them:

Salvation Army
100 Lincoln Street
Roseville, CA 95678

St. Vincent de Paul
139 Riverside Ave.
Roseville, CA 95678


Persons who believe they have experienced discrimination in housing rental, sales, or financing because of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or familial status can contact any of the following:

U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
HUD Contact information
Housing Discrimination Complaints

California Dept. of Fair Employment & Housing
800-700-2320 [TTY]

California Dept. of Consumer Affairs
800-952-5210 or 916-445-0660

Legal Services of Northern California, Auburn
190 Reamer Street
Auburn, CA 95603
Voice: 530-823-7560
Fax: 530-823-7601

Placer Dispute Resolution Service
P.O. Box 1771
Loomis, CA 95650

How to contact us

For further information, please contact the Placer County Housing Authority at (530) 889-7676, for TDD please contact (800) 735-2929. Or send an email to

Placer County Housing Authority

PO BOX 5346

Auburn CA  95604-5346

Questions, or need more information?
Please send an e-mail to:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)