COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2011
Jack Duran, District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Chairman Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5, Vice Chairman
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Office, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, during normal business hours. Placer County is committed to ensuring that persons with disabilities are provided the resources to participate fully in its public meetings. If you are hearing impaired, we have listening devices available. If you require additional disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact the Clerk of the Board. If requested, the agenda shall be provided in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities. All requests must be in writing and must be received by the Clerk five business days prior to the scheduled meeting for which you are requesting accommodation. Requests received after such time will be accommodated only if time permits.
Resort at Squaw Creek
Grand Sierra Room
400 Squaw Creek Road
Olympic Valley, CA 96146
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Holmes.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT – Carol Pretzer, Tahoe Vista resident, commended Placer County bus drivers for doing a fabulous job. Kellie Toomy, Homewood resident, expressed her support of the State Route Highway 89 Fanny Bridge Community Revitalization Project.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS – Supervisor Duran reported on his attendance of the initial inaugural meeting of the Community Corrections Partnership, a group that will implement AB 109, which is the Health & Human Services and Law Enforcement realignment. Supervisor Holmes reported on his trip to Washington D.C. on behalf of the Placer County Air Pollution Control District to receive an Environmental Protection Agency Clean Air Excellence Award for our biomass utilization project in the Tahoe basin. Supervisor Montgomery advised she is hosting a Veterans Resource Fair, Saturday, August 27, 2011 at the Colfax Veterans Memorial Hall to provide information about resources and programs available for veterans.
1. cOMMUNITY dEVELOPMENT rESOURCE aGENCY/planning/TAHOE BASIN COMMUNITY PLAN UPDATE, WORK PROGRAM UPDATE – The Board considered the overall work program identified in the staff report for the Tahoe Community Plan Update and directed staff to commence with the Community Plan Update process and associated public outreach program.
2. cOMMUNITY dEVELOPMENT rESOURCE aGENCY/planning/PLACER COUNTY COMMENTS ON PROPOSED TRANSECT CROSSWALK ZONING TAHOE REGIONAL PLANNING AGENCY REGIONAL PLAN UPDATE - Directed staff to submit comments to the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency on the new zoning classifications and methodology known as Transect Crosswalk Zoning as well as associated maps for the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency’s Regional Plan Update.
3. cOMMUNITY dEVELOPMENT rESOURCE aGENCY/planning/update eastern placer county biomass energy facility - The Planning Services Division provided an update on the County's proposed Eastern Placer County Biomass Project that included an overview of the various elements of the biomass program and a discussion on the status of the preparation of the environmental document for the proposed project. Staff was directed to bring back recommendations for formal action, with removal of the Kings Beach site, at a meeting in August 2011.
4. FACILITY SERVICES/PROJECT 08243, 2011/12 TRENCHLESS TECHNOLOGY SEWER REHABILITATION - The Board took the following actions with regard to Project 08243, 2011/12 Trenchless Technology Sewer Rehabilitation:
1. Approved Plans and Specifications and authorized staff to solicit bids.
2. Resolution 2011-215 adopted authorizing the Director of Facility Services, or his designee to execute the resulting contract, in an amount not to exceed $322,426, upon Risk Management’s and County Counsel’s review and approval, and approve any required change orders consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code.
ADJOURNED AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AND
CONVENED AS THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD
5. REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY - Accepted a report on prioritization for the North Lake Tahoe Redevelopment Project Area Five Year Implementation Plan.
ADJOURN AS THE PLACER COUNTY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY BOARD AND
RECONVENE AS THE PLACER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
6. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT – There was no Closed Session discussion:
§54956.9 – CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
(A) 1.Existing Litigation:
(a) C.H. Entertainment, LLC, et al. v. Bennett C. Combs, et al.
Sacramento County Superior Court Case No.: 34-2011-0010-6213
(b) County of Placer v. Michelle Burris, et al.
Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-22068
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Therese Leonard, Anthony J. La Bouff
Employee organization: PPEO. DSA
CONSENT AGENDA – Item 11 & 12c moved for discussion. Consent Agenda approved as amended with action as indicated. MOTION Holmes/Uhler/Unanimous
7. ORDINANCE – Second Reading:
a. Health & Human Services/Environmental Health/County On-Site Sewage Manual – Ordinance 5648-B adopted amending Chapter 8, Article 8.24, Sections 8.24.030 and 8.24.120 related to the definition and hearing procedures of the Appeals Board regarding the County On-Site Sewage Manual.
8. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Resolution 2011-209 adopted in support of the 9th annual “Tour de Tahoe - Bike Big Blue” to be held on Sunday September 11, 2011 around Lake Tahoe.
b. Approved minutes of June 21, 2011.
9. CLAIMS AGAINST THE COUNTY – Rejected the following claims, as recommended by the offices of County Counsel and Risk Management:
a. 11-094, Davis, Robert, $20 Million, (Personal Injury)
b. 11-097, Smalley, Craig, $48.78, (Property Damage)
c. 11-107, Davis, Robert, $100 Million, (Personal Injury)
10. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS:
a. Weimar Applegate Colfax Municipal Advisory Council - Resolution 2011-210 adopted replacing Resolution 94-33, Resolution 97-127 and Resolution 2005-20 to expand the boundaries of the Weimar Applegate Colfax Municipal Advisory Council.
b. Placer County Older Adult Advisory Commission – Approved the appointment of Cheryl Trenwith to Seat 21 representing the HHS Liaison, replacing Eldon Luce.
11. COUNTY EXECUTIVE – MOVED FOR DISCUSSION Authorize the County Executive Officer to execute a contract with Hausrath Economics Group in an amount not to exceed $175,000 to provide fiscal, economic, and finance consulting services, primarily as pertains to annexations.
12. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES:
a. Resolution 2011-211 adopted approving the Northstar Fire Department Capital Facilities Plan Fiscal Year (FY) 2011-2012 update with a 3.9% increase in mitigation fees.
b. Adopted Resolution 2011-212 adopting the Squaw Valley Fire Department 2011 Capital Facilities Plan Update which maintains all existing fees unchanged.
c. MOVED FOR DISCUSSION Renewal of Board approved 2010 agreement with Fire Recovery USA for billing services to recoup Placer County Fire costs from at-fault, non-resident drivers insurance when involved in motor vehicle accidents in Placer County Fire area.
13. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Lease Agreement/Courthouse Athletic Club - Resolution 2011-213 adopted delegating authority to the Director of Facility Services, or his designee, to negotiate and execute a new lease agreement between the County of Placer and 49 Fitness, Inc., dba Courthouse Athletic Club for the facility located at Placer County Government Center, based on the Material Terms, and subject to approval by County Counsel and Risk Management.
b. Tahoe City Public Utility District – Approved a one-year Maintenance Services Agreement with the Tahoe City Public Utility District for park and ground maintenance services in the Tahoe City area for FY 2011-2012, in an amount not to exceed $125,630; and authorized the Chairman to execute the Agreement on behalf of your Board.
c. Placer County Government Center Utilities and Infrastructure Survey, Project #4761 - Approved the First Amendment to the Consultant Services Agreement with West Yost Associates, Inc. for the Placer County Government Center Utilities and Infrastructure Survey, Project No. 4761, located in north Auburn and authorized the Chairman of the Board to execute the First Amendment, increasing the contract by $24,788 for a total contract cost not-to-exceed $174,511.
14. PUBLIC WORKS/PROPOSITION 1B (TRANSPORTATION BOND) – Resolution 2011-214 adopted approving the revised project list for the 2009/2010 allocation of Proposition 1B Local Streets and Roads funding totaling $5,679,180.
***End of Consent Agenda***
ITEMS MOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA FOR DISCUSSION:
11. COUNTY EXECUTIVE - Authorized the County Executive Officer to execute a contract with Hausrath Economics Group in an amount not to exceed $175,000 to provide fiscal, economic, and finance consulting services, primarily as pertains to annexations. MOTION Duran/Montgomery/Unanimous
12. COUNTY EXECUTIVE/EMERGENCY SERVICES:
c. Renewed Board approved 2010 agreement with Fire Recovery USA for billing services to recoup Placer County Fire costs from at-fault, non-resident drivers insurance when involved in motor vehicle accidents in Placer County Fire area. MOTION Holmes/Montgomery/Unanimous
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
15. Personnel - Classified Service Merit Increases
ADJOURNMENT – Next regular meeting is Tuesday, August 9, 2011.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2011 MEETING SCHEDULE:
August 9, 2011
August 18 & 19, 2011 (Budget)
August 23, 2011