Skip to content

Local Drainage Concerns

Local Drainage Concerns or Problem?

Local drainage conditions can be impacted through development and grading activities and maintenance practices. Such impacts can include increases in the volume and velocity of stormwater runoff as well as changing the character and location of discharges from one property to another. Some of these changes are allowed under the law, though damaging someone else’s property is usually not acceptable. Development and construction-related drainage matters are typically addressed and managed by the permitting and inspection agencies. For additional information on drainage please view our Watch Out for Water pamphlet. For drainage concerns in the unincorporated areas of Placer County, please contact the Community Development Resource Agency’s Engineering and Surveying Department. If located within one of the County’s incorporated cities, please contact the appropriate jurisdiction.  For your convenience the following links are provided:

How to Contact Us

For Grading and Construction Related Issues
  • Placer County Engineering & Surveying
    Phone: (530) 745-3110
For County Road Related Drainage
  • Contact Public Works Road Maintenance Division at 530-745-7565
For Water Quality issues
  • Contact 530-745-7555