Medical Marijuana Card ID
Medical Marijuana Identification Card Program (MMICP)
The Placer County Department of Health and Human Services - Public Health accepts applications for Medical Marijuana Identification Cards from qualified patients and caregivers.
Applications accepted by appointment only:
Tuesday and Wednesday
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
To make an appointment please call - 530-889-7158
For general information about the California Medical Marijuana Program, please refer to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) website MMICP
Proof of Placer County residency
Proof of Identity
Failure to bring required paperwork will result in the appointment being rescheduled
MMICP Appointment Information
Before Your Appointment
- Obtain written documentation from your doctor for use of medical marijuana. The doctor can use the "Written Documentation of Patient's Medical Record," CDPH9044 or CDPH9044 (Espanol) or official letterhead. Ask your doctor to place a copy in your medical file.
- Complete an "Application/Renewal" form, CDPH9042 or CDPH9042 (Espanol).
- Call 530-889-7158 to confirm your appointment.
- Bring all of the items listed on the MMICP Application Appointment Checklist.
- Failure to bring all items listed will result in the appointment being rescheduled to a later date.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Written documentation of Patent's Medical Record, CDPH9044 or CDPH9044 (Espanol).
- Application/Renewal form, CDPH9042 or CDPH9042 (Espanol).
- A government-issued photo identification (i.e., California Driver's License, California State ID Card, United States Passport, or Veteran's Administration ID Card).
- Proof that you live in Placer County. (i.e., current utility bill, rent or mortgage payment receipt). A P.O. Box address is not acceptable for residency verification.
- Application fee of $59.00. The fee for qualified Medi-Cal participants is $29.50. Application fees are non-refundable. Payments can be made by cash, check, or credit/debit card (fees associated with card transactions).
- Current Medi-Cal card, if you are a Medi-Cal participant.
After Submitting Your Application
- It can take up to 35 days to receive your Medical Marijuana Identification Card.
- To ensure delivery, we will contact you to pick-up your ID card when it is available.
- The doctor's license is verified with the Medical Board of California or the Osteopathic Medical Board of California.
- The doctor's recommendation is verified with the doctor's office.