Placer Re-Entry Program (PREP)
Overview: The Placer County PREP Center is a program available to men and women residing in Placer County. The objective of the PREP Center is to provide clients with one-on-one and group-level services to assist with their successful transition into the community.
The PREP Center provides both in custody and out of custody programs tailored to the specific needs of the individual client. All clients receive risk, needs, educational and employment assessments leading to the development of an Individualized Service Planning (ISP). Each client is assigned a dedicated case manager who works with the client to develop solutions and assist with re-entry into the community.
The case manager, together with the client, develops a unique course of study designed to increase success and decrease the likelihood of returning to prison or jail. Clients are expected to maintain 80% overall attendance in required courses, submit to random drug screenings, and be compliant with probation terms and conditions.
If accepted, clients will be able to participate in a per-apprenticeship training program in construction and construction-related fields through the Northern California Construction Training program. With over 20 unique skills taught, clients will be prepared to enter the workforce in the growing construction trade industry.
For more information call 916-543-7453 or Email at PlacerPREP@placer.ca.gov
PREP Center Courses:
• Thinking for a Change
• Courage to Change*
• Alcohol & Drug Abuse Education*
• Anger Management*
• 52 Weeks Batterer’s Program*
• Money Management
• Cognitive Behavior Education
• GED Preparation & Testing
• Basic Literacy (ELA & Math)
• Computer Literacy
*Also offered in custody
• Placer Works Employment Education
• Resume Assistance
• Job Search Assistance
• Assistance with Creating Business Cards
• Interview Skills
• Referrals for employment services
• Northern California Construction Training (pre-apprenticeship job training program)
• Assistance with Identification (CA ID/SSN)
• Assistance with obtaining medical care
• Transportation Assistance (Free Bus passes and Shuttle transportation)
• Benefit screenings and workshops
Brochures and Forms