Support Your Library!
10 Easy Ways to Support the Library
- Join the Friends of the Library. Friends groups work toward generating community interest in the library's services and facilities.
- Volunteer: Many library locations use volunteers for activities such as shelving and cleaning books. Apply to volunteer on Volunteer Match or at a location convenient to you.
- Property Tax Supplemental: Residents within the Library's service area can optionally contribute an additional amount to the Library when they pay their property tax.
- Donate Your New or Gently Used Books, DVDs and CDs: The Library reviews donations to find useful items to add to its collection. For materials not needed in the collection many Friends of the Library hold regular book sales to raise funds and help the Library serve the community better.
- Join the Literacy Support Council of Placer County. Visit the PALS page for more information, or go to: https://www.facebook.com/LSCPlacer
- Make a Memorial or Substantial Donation: to celebrate the memory of a loved one, to honor a friend or relative's birthday or other special occasion, or because you have a passion for a particular program or service. Donations to the Placer County Library are tax deductible and can be sent to the Library Administration office or to a specific library.
- Placer County employees can donate through the annual Combined Giving Campaign.
- Attend an Event: In addition to the Friends of the Library book sales, the Library offers many programs and events for children, teens, and adults.
- Get a Library Card and use the library! Signing up for a card is a vote for library services!
- Tell a Friend: Share your good library experiences with neighbors, family, and friends.
Search the Library Catalog
Find books, audiobooks, eBooks & eAudio, DVDs and more
Access your Account
Renew, place holds, view checkouts