Skip to content

Mental Health Services

Our staff will work together with you to meet your needs. All mental health services are “needs-based” and some services have income eligibility requirements.  The following is a list of mental health services available through Adult System of Care.

  • Assessment of individual needs
  • Mental Health Support Services
  • Mental Health Crisis Response
  • Psychiatric Medication Services
  • Support Groups for Current Clients
  • Housing Assistance
  • Welcome Center/Cirby Clubhouse

Mental Health Walk-In Screening Clinic

The Screening Clinic is FREE to all Placer County Residents.

Who should attend:  Anyone in need of mental health treatment is welcome to attend.

What to expect:  The screening process may take a few hours so please come prepared.  If you are unable to attend a clinic time or need special accommodation, please let us know.

What should I bring?:  Bring a copy of your insurance card (Medi-Cal), proof of residency if your insurance is with another county, and proof of income if uninsured.

When and Where:  Tuesday from 1-2 pm and Thursday from 9-10 am at 101 Cirby Hills Drive, Roseville, CA and Wednesday from 9-10 am at 11512 B Avenue, Auburn, CA    

Contact Information:  (Toll Free) 1-888-886-5401 or e-mail

Your Rights and Responsibilities

You are entitled to:

  • Be treated with consideration and respect
  • Have your services provided in a safe environment
  • Participate in the planning of your service and treatment
  • Request a change of case manager or therapist
  • Receive interpreter services as needed free of charge.  Family members will not be expected to interpret or provide an interpreter
  • Receive services that are sensitive to cultural differences, religious preferences, sexual orientation, or disabilities

You have the responsibility to:

  • Exhibit considerate and respectful behavior to staff and providers
  • Respect the rights, property, and environment of all staff, providers, and other clients
  • Provide complete, accurate information
  • Keep appointments on time and, if unable to do so, notify the service provider
  • Pay for services if required

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I access Adult Services?

If you are NOT currently receiving Adult Services and would like to, call our Adult Crisis and Intake Line at 1-888-886-5401 or 916-787-8860.

How do I qualify for Adult Services?

To qualify to receive our services, you must:

  • Be a Placer County resident
  • Not have private Medical Coverage
  • Be in the low income bracket
  • Show proof of residency
  • Meet our Priority Population

What is ASOC's Priority Population?

Our Priority Population is:

  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorders
  • Major Depression
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Psychotic Disorder not Otherwise Specified

What if I have a concern about my medication?

If you have a concern about your medication, please call 916-784-6473

  • Please speak clearly and leave the following information:

    • First and Last Name (spelled out)
    • Phone Number, including area code
    • Detailed Concern 

    A nurse will contact you

What if I need a refill on my medication?

If you are currently receiving services and need a refill, please call 916-784-6473

  • Please speak clearly and leave the following information:

    • First and Last Name (spelled out)
    • Phone Number, including area code
    • Medication needing to be filled 

    A nurse will contact you

Is there a cost for services at Adult System of Care?

Yes, if you are not fully covered by Medi-Cal, there is a sliding scale cost developed by the State of California to determine your share of cost.


This is a list of providers contracted with Health and Human Services to provide Mental Health services to residents of Placer County:  Provider Directory

For a printable brochure

For a printable Mental Health Screening Clinic flyer

Family Information Form AB1424