Adopt A Pet
Placer County Animal Services cares for thousands of animals each year. Most are wonderful animals who are waiting to be adopted into a loving, caring and forever home. Find your pet to adopt here.
Pet Adoption Requirements
- You must be at least 18 years old with a photo identification.
- If adopting a dog into a multiple dog home, you must have a "meet and greet" with all dogs.
- If you rent or lease, you must have permissaion for a pet from the owner or manager of your rental unit.
- All animals must be spayed or neutered prior to leaving the shelter.
- You must provide proper food, water, exercise, shelter, vaccinations, medical care, grooming, identification, lifelong care, and affection for your new pet.
- Pay adoption fee: dogs are $125 and cats are $103.
- Spay or neuter the animal.
- Complete an Adoption Application.
Dog adoption fees include the cost of the heartworm test (for dogs over 6 months), first heartworm preventative pill, flea and tick preventive, first distemper/parvo and bordetella vaccination, rabies if over 4 months, deworming, microchipping, and spay/neuter.
Cat adoption fees include the cost of feline aids/leukemia test, first FVRCP vaccination, deworming, rabies if over 4 months, micro-chipping, and spay/neuter.
Adopt These Available Pets
Adoptable Dogs Adoptable Cats
All Available Dogs
All Available Cats
All Available Other