Adopt A Pet
Placer County Animal Services cares for thousands of animals each year. If not claimed by their owners, these wonderful pets will be looking for their new forever home. Adopt your new family member today!
Adopt These Available Pets
Adoptable Dogs Adoptable Cats
All Available Dogs
All Available Cats
All Available Other
Pet Adoption Requirements
- Willingness to provide a second chance, patience, and love for a shelter pet.
- You must be at least 18 years old with a photo identification.
- Complete an Adoption Questionnaire.
- All animals will be spayed/neutered, vaccinated, dewormed, provided flea treatment and microchipped prior to leaving the shelter.
- Pay adoption fees:
Things to Consider When Adopting
- If you have other pets at home, please use these tips to introduce your new pet into the family. You are welcome to request a meet and greet to bring your dog/s to the shelter to meet the dog you are interested in adopting.
- If you rent or lease, please consider that landlords and rental units may have restrictions for pets. You may want to confirm these policies prior to adopting.
- You are welcome to bring any family member to the shelter to meet the pet you are interested in adopting.
- Some of our adoptable pets may have special needs. These will be discussed with you during the adoption process.
Dog adoption: fees include the cost of the heartworm test (for dogs over 6 months), monthly heartworm preventative, flea and tick preventive, distemper/parvo and bordetella vaccination, rabies if over 4 months, deworming, microchipping, and spay/neuter.
Cat adoption: fees include the cost of feline aids/leukemia test, first FVRCP vaccination, deworming, rabies if over 4 months, micro-chipping, and spay/neuter.