Placer County Cannabis Ordinance
May 2018 Cannabis Q&A Sessions
Placer County Cannabis Inspectors will be hosting Q&A sessions in May in Sheridan, Auburn and Alta to answer any questions you may have with regard to the rules and regulations of cannabis cultivation.
The high level summary is as follows:
- A maximum of 6 plants, not to exceed 50 square feet are allowed by parcel
- Cultivation is only allowed on parcels that have a legal residence on them
- Cultivation may be done indoors in either a residence or a secure accessory structure
- Cultivation may be done outdoors, in unincorporated cities, with a 100’ setback from property lines, 600’ setback from schools, churches, and “youth oriented facilities”, and closer to the grower’s house than any neighbor’s
- All commercial activities are prohibited
- Enforcement penalties will be accomplished through an Administrative Civil Penalty process involving a hearing officer. Fines of up to $1000/plant are authorized.
- Enforcement lead will be County Code Enforcement with help from the Sheriff’s Office.