Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Procurement Questions

Who do I contact regarding commodity contract information?

Contact our office at 530-886-2122 to be referred to the buyer responsible for the particular good or service you are interested in. They will provide you with the specific details of the contract and explain the timeframe and process so that you may have an opportunity to compete for the contract.

 Who do I contact if I forgot my Public Purchase Username/Password?

Please visit the Public Purchase website and follow the instructions provided on their website.

 Where can I find information on the County's current or closed solicitations?

Go to the Open Bids & RFPs Page for information regarding current or closed solicitations.

How can I sell my goods/services to Placer County?

Review the County's Suppliers Guide before proceeding to the Public Purchase Registration page to complete the vendor registration process.  Once you have completed the registration process you will receive electronic notifications of solicitations and can submit your responses online through Public Purchase. 

When will a commodity be rebid?

Typically commodities are rebid every three years however Placer County evaluates each agreement during the renewal period to determine if a new bid should be solicited.

How do I qualify for Local Vendor Preference?

 Go to the Local Vendor Preference Page and read the information provided prior to submitting a Local Vendor Preference Affidavit.

Will the County still accept a hard copy bid response?

 Yes we accept hard copy bid responses. The hard copy bid response must be submitted to our office prior to the date and time specified in the solicitation in order to be considered.

Does Placer County have other preference programs besides Local Vendor Preference (e.g. Small Businesses, Minority Owned Businesses, Women Owned Businesses, etc.)?

No.  There are occasions where a specific project may have other preferences, which will be clearly identified in the bid or RFP document. 

Where can I find information on the County's Surplus Program?

Go to the Surplus Sales Page for current information regarding the County's Surplus Program.

 Where can I get plans and specifications for Placer County’s construction bids?

The County's construction bids and related documents are available free of charge on Public Purchase.  Go to the Open Bids & RFPs Page for information regarding current construction bids.