Placer County Cannabis Ordinance
The high level summary is as follows:
- A maximum of 6 plants, not to exceed 50 square feet are allowed by parcel
- Cultivation is only allowed on parcels that have a legal residence on them
- Cultivation may be done indoors in either a residence or a secure accessory structure
- Cultivation may be done outdoors, in unincorporated cities, with a 100’ setback from property lines, 600’ setback from schools, churches, and “youth oriented facilities”, and closer to the grower’s house than any neighbor’s
- All commercial activities are prohibited
- Enforcement penalties will be accomplished through an Administrative Civil Penalty process involving a hearing officer. Fines of up to $1000/plant are authorized.
- Enforcement lead will be County Code Enforcement with help from the Sheriff’s Office.
Cannabis Waste Burning
The Placer County Air Pollution Control District is proposing to restrict and prohibit the outdoor burning of waste from cannabis growing or processing. The proposed amendments are scheduled to be considered by the District Board of Directors on Aug. 9, 2018. If adopted, the cannabis provisions will have an effective date of Jan. 1, 2019. Click here to learn more.