COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, MAY 17, 2010
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm, District 1 Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chairman Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4, Chairman Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5 Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
The Village at Squaw Valley
1750 Village East Road
Olympic Valley, CA
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Weygandt.
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Clerk.
PUBLIC COMMENT – None
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS – None
1. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING/GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT/REZONE/MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION/CALDWELL REZONE (PREA T20080154) - Staff brings forward the Planning Commission recommendation to deny a request from Troy Caldwell for:
1. An amendment to the Alpine Meadows General Plan to change the land use designation from Community Recreation, Green Belt, Park and Open Space to Single-Family Residential one dwelling unit per acre,
a. The Amendment to the Alpine Meadows General Plan and Rezoning applies to one acre of the 4.77-acre parcel and would allow for the construction of one single-family dwelling.
2. A Rezone from O (Open Space) to RS-B-43 (Residential Single-Family, combining minimum Building Site of 43,560 square feet).
MOTION Montgomery to deny the appeal. Motion died for lack of a second.
MOTION Rockholm/Holmes VOTE 4:1 (Montgomery No) to direct staff to bring back appropriate documents for approval of the proposed amendment to the Alpine Meadow General Plan and the proposed rezone with the condition that prior to doing so, the applicant shall, to the satisfaction of county staff: indemnify the County for any liability for the rezone, provide notice to subsequent property owners of the avalanche risk, arrange to provide easements for the existing water and sewer lines to the public utility district, and resolve the issue of the need for an easement for or ownership of the avalanche control building on the property.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY/PLANNING/REZONE/GONDOLA NORTH HOMESITE SUBDIVISION (PSUBT20080310) - Public hearing closed. Ordinance 5591-B adopted approving a rezone of approximately 6.1 acres from Forestry (FOR) and 4.07 acres from Open Space (O) to approximately 10.5 acres of Single-Family Residential combining Minimum Building Site of 8,000 square feet (RS-B-8) and approving a rezone of approximately 4.10 acres from Residential Forestry – Development Reserve (RF-DR) to O (Open Space). The Board also approved the adoption of a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the project based on the Findings on Page 51 & 52 of the staff report. MOTION Rockholm/Montgomery/Unanimous
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
3. RECEPTION - Hosted by Tahoe City Public Utility District, Squaw Valley Public Services District, Northstar Community Services District, North Lake Tahoe Resort Association, and the North Tahoe Public Utility District at Auld Dubliner Restaurant, 1995 Village South Road #41 Squaw Valley.
4. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Existing Litigation:
(a) Terry B. Copeman v. County of Placer, et al., U.S.D.C. Eastern District Court Case No.: 2:10-cv-01009-GEB-GGH – The Board did not discuss.
(b) Friends of the North Fork v. County of Placer, et al., Placer County Superior Court Case No.: SCV-23636 – The Boar did not discuss.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS - Labor representatives working on behalf of the Board met and talked extensively to the Board and received direction from the Board with regards to both Deputy Sheriff’s Association discussions which have commenced and ongoing discussion with PPEO.
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Mike Boyle, Gerald O. Carden, Anthony J. La Bouff
Employee organization: PPEO. DSA.
ADJOURNMENT – To next regular meeting Tuesday, May 18, 2010.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2010 MEETING SCHEDULE:
May 18, 2010
June 8, 2010
June 22, 2010
July 13, 2010
July 27, 2010