COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
MONDAY, JULY 21, 2008
F.C. “Rocky” Rockholm, District 1, Vice Chairman Thomas Miller, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2 Anthony J. La Bouff, County Counsel
Jim Holmes, District 3, Chairman Rich Colwell, Chief Assistant County Executive
Kirk Uhler, District 4 Mike Boyle, Assistant County Executive
Bruce Kranz, District 5 Holly Heinzen, Assistant County Executive
Ann Holman, Clerk of the Board
County Administrative Center, 175 Fulweiler Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
North Tahoe Conference Center
8318 North Lake Boulevard
Kings Beach, CA 96143
PUBLIC COMMENT – None received.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS – None received.
1. FACILITY SERVICES - Approved implementation of the Placer County Facility Asset Management System (FAMS); authorized the award of a contract to FAMIS Software, Inc., to provide software, installation, training and consulting services for the FAMS; Resolution 2008-215 adopted authorizing the Director of Facility Services to execute the resulting agreement upon approval of County Counsel and Risk Management and approve any necessary change orders consistent with the County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code to a total contract amount not-to-exceed $370,000; and authorized the Director of Facility Services and the Purchasing Manager to take all other actions necessary to implement the project.
MOTION Uhler/Weygandt/Unanimous VOTE 3:0 (Rockholm, Kranz absent)
2. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/CHILDREN’S SYSTEM OF CARE - Approved a contract with United Advocates for Children and Families to provide required advocacy and support services for youth and families for the term of July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009 in the amount of $1,062,885, and authorized the Director of Health and Human Services to sign subsequent amendments not to exceed $50,000. There are no County General Funds associated with this contract, and the costs are reflected in the Department’s 2008/09 Proposed Base Budget.
MOTION Weygandt/Uhler/Unanimous VOTE 3:0 (Rockholm, Kranz absent)
3. PUBLIC WORKS/AGREEMENT/CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT, INSPECTION, MATERIALS TESTING AND RELATED SERVICES, STATE ROUTE 65/SUNSET BOULEVARD INTERCHANGE PROJECT, CONTRACT #1057 – Resolution 2008-216 adopted authorizing the Chairman to execute a Professional Services Agreement with PSOMAS, in an amount not to exceed $2,567,458 for construction management, inspection, materials testing, and related services for State Route 65/Sunset Boulevard Interchange project; and authorized the Director of Public Works to approve and sign contract amendments for additional professional services not to exceed 10% of the contract amount. MOTION Weygandt/Uhler/Unanimous VOTE 3:0 (Rockholm, Kranz absent)
4. COUNTY COUNSEL/CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
(A) §54956.9 - CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
1. Anticipated Litigation:
(a) Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case – The Board advised of the nature of the litigation and gave direction to Counsel.
(B) §54957.6 - CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS – There was discussion with Labor Negotiators with regards to PPEO and DSA.
(a) Agency designated representatives: Tom Miller, Nancy Nittler, Mike Boyle, Valerie Flood, Anthony La Bouff.
Employee organization: PPEO. DSA.
CONSENT AGENDA (Items 5 thru 15) – Consent Agenda approved with action as indicated.
MOTION Uhler/Weygandt/Unanimous VOTE 3:0 (Rockholm, Kranz absent)
5 WARRANT REGISTERS – Weeks ending May 9, 16, 23, 30, June 6, 13, 20, 27, and July 4 2008.
6. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
a. Resolution 2008-213 adopted commending Deputy Russell Potts for his retirement from 29 years of dedicated public service as an employee of the Placer County Sheriff’s Department.
b. Approved minutes of June 24, 2008.
7. CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES – Approved an addition of $700 to the agreement between the Department of Child Support Services and The Jernigan Group to provide Outreach services.
8 COMMITTEES & COMMISSION:
a. Child Care Local Planning Council – Approved the reappointments of Darlene Jackson to Seat 5, Murial Moore to Seat 7 and Alison Burt to Seat 8.
b. Fish and Game Commission - Approved the appointment of Don Gould to Seat 1, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
c. Planning Commission – Approved the appointment of Harry Crabb to Seat 1, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
d. Roseville Public Cemetery District – Approved the appointment of Beth Gould to Seat 3, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
9. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY:
a. Personnel – Ordinance introduced, first reading waived, amending Placer County Code Chapter 3, Section 3.12.010, Appendix 1 - Allocation of Positions to the Engineering and Surveying Department, to reflect the reallocation of an Engineering Technician I/II position, Salary Range 103 ($52,310 - $63,584) to a County Surveyor position, Salary Range 456 ($91,333 - $111,010 annually).
b. Woodbridge Estates II, Tract # 967 - Approved recording the Final Map, authorized the Chairman to sign the Final Map and Subdivision Improvement Agreement, and instructed the Clerk of the Board to prepare the Final Map and Subdivision Improvement Agreement for recording.
10. COUNTY EXECUTIVE - Approved an amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Placer County Resource Conservation District (PCRCD) to support Phase 2 of the cooperative Dry Creek Watershed Red Sesbania Control Project in the amount of $58,000. The funds earmarked for this MOU amendment will be reimbursed through two previously Board approved grants: one from the CalFed Watershed Program for $36,000 and the other from California Department of Food and Agriculture for $22,000.
11. FACILITY SERVICES:
a. Dry Creek Sewer - Authorized staff to pay $96,000 as the County’s share of the Administrative Civil Liability Complaint issued by the Regional Water Quality Control Board for a sewer spill in the Dry Creek Sewer County Service Area.
b. Blanket Purchase Order #15208, Environmental Lab Services - Approved an increase of $110,000 to Blanket Purchase Order 15208 with Excelchem Environmental Labs, for environmental lab services.
12. PROCUREMENT SERVICES - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $250,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Authorized the Purchasing Manager to sign the following:
a. Competitive Request for Proposals #9805, Sheriff’s Dispatch Unit Analysis/Sheriff - Approved award to Matrix Consulting Group, in the maximum amount of $71,000.
13. PUBLIC WORKS/SR 49/HULBERT WAY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (The Plaza) CONTRACT #1015, AMENDMENT #1 – Resolution 2008-214 adopted authorizing the Director of Public Works to approve and execute Contract Amendment No. 1 to Professional Services Agreement No. 1015, with Vali Cooper & Associates, Inc., in the amount of $59,000, increasing the total contract amount, including this amendment, to $599,000.
14. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
a. Approved appropriation of $250 in Revenue Sharing monies to Eskaton Senior Residences and Services Companionship Plus Program, as requested by Supervisor Uhler.
b. Approved appropriation of $200 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Area Chamber of Commerce 11th Annual Golf Fore Grads Tournament, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
c. Approved appropriation of $1,250 in Revenue Sharing monies to the 5th Annual Placer Farm & Barn Tour, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($500), Supervisor Weygandt ($500) and Supervisor Holmes ($250).
d. Approved appropriation of $150 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Roseville Chamber of Commerce 13th Annual Past Presidents’ Club Golf Tournament, as requested by Supervisor Rockholm.
e. Approved appropriation of $500 in Revenue Sharing monies to The Gathering Inn as requested by Supervisor Rockholm ($250) and Supervisor Uhler ($250).
15. SHERIFF – Approved an agreement between Sacramento County Information Technology (OCIT) for access to Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS), authorized the Sheriff-Coroner-Marshal to execute the agreement in the amount of $18,276 on behalf of the County for system access for the Sheriff’s Office ($13,890) and District Attorney ($4,386). The initial one-year term of the agreement begins July 1, 2008. The cost of this access will be absorbed in the Fiscal 08/09 budget with no additional impact to the General Fund.
***End of Consent Agenda***
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
16. AUDITOR CONTROLLER - Auditor-Controller’s Independent Accountant’s Report on the Treasurer’s Statement of Assets. This statement is for the quarter ended March 31, 2008.
17. TREASURER/TAX COLLECTOR - Treasurer’s Statement for the month of June.
ADJOURNMENT - Next regular meeting is Tuesday, July 22, 2008
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2008 MEETING SCHEDULE:
July 22, 2008 (Tahoe)
August 5, 2008
August 12, 13, & 14, 2008 (Budget hearings)
August 26, 2008
September 9, 2008
September 23, 2008