Top 10 tips for a safe Fourth of July
June 28, 2017
Happy Fourth of July, Placer residents! As you’re celebrating our great nation and spending quality time with family and friends this weekend, we urge you to take a few simple steps to stay safe and sound:
- No illegal fireworks! Follow local ordinances when purchasing and using fireworks. Fireworks of all sizes and types are illegal in unincorporated areas of the county.
- Read and follow directions when using fireworks.
- Only use fireworks outdoors, away from dry grass or other flammable materials.
- Always have an adult present, and do not give fireworks to small children.
- Keep a supply of water and fire extinguisher nearby.
- Keep your pets indoors in a quiet, sheltered and escape-proof area — and make sure their tags and microchips are up to date just in case.
- Never attempt to relight or fix fireworks that have malfunctioned.
- Dispose of used fireworks safely by soaking them overnight and wrapping them in plastic bags to prevent them from drying out.
- If you’ll be grilling, use your grill at a safe distance from your home, trees, pets and kids.
- Avoid loose clothing when grilling or using fireworks.
By following these guidelines, you’ll help our community have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Share this article: