Placer County Budget Information
The Placer County Budget is the annual financial blueprint of the Board of Supervisors' priorities to balance available resources with the service needs of Placer County's residents. The budget includes 13 operating funds and two infrastructure funds to support a broad spectrum of services delivered by 18 departments and over 2,300 funded positions. +more
The County Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the development and administration of the budget, which is reviewed and approved by the Board of Supervisors. The CEO works with departments to develop the budget in two phases each year to deliver recommendations for proposed and final budgets.
- Proposed Budget - In June, the Board of Supervisors adopts a Proposed Budget to have a spending plan in place before the fiscal year begins on July 1.
- Final Budget - As required by State law, the Board holds a public hearing in September to consider updated revenue and expenditure estimates and adopts the Final Budget by October 2. The Final Budget is published by the County Executive Office and available online as a PDF file that can be downloaded.
Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2015-16
The FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget was adopted by the Board of Supervisors on June 16, 2015. You may view video of the presentation at the meeting by clicking HERE and navigating to the June 16, 2015 meeting video link. The staff report and PowerPoint presentation from the June 16, 2015 Board meeting can be found below under Meetings and Presentations. Click the button below to view information regarding the FY 2015-16 Proposed Budget, and download sections of the budget book.
Final Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15
The FY 2014-15 Final Budget was adopted by the Board of Supervisors on September 9, 2014. You may view video of the Board of Supervisors meeting by clicking HERE and navigating to the September 9, 2014 meeting video link. The staff report and PowerPoint presentation from the September 9, 2014 Board meeting / public hearing can be found below under Meetings and Presentations. Click the button below to view information regarding the FY 2014-15 Final Budget, and download sections of the budget book.
Placer County was the recipient of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for Fiscal Year 2014-15.
Multi-Year Capital Plan for Fiscal Year 2014-15
At the Board of Supervisor's meeting on September 9, 2014, the Board also approved the Multi-Year Capital Plan. Click the button below to view information regarding the FY 2014-15 Multi-Year Capital Plan, and download sections of, or the complete, book.
Meetings and Presentations
- June 16, 2015
- April 27, 2015 Board Meeting
- February 24, 2015 Board Meeting
- September 9, 2014 Board Meeting
- June 3, 2014 Board Meeting
- March 25, 2014 Board Meeting
- June 16, 2015 Supervisors Approve Proposed Budget for 2015-16 Fiscal Year
- April 27, 2015 Board Hears Report on County Revenue, Expenditures at Tahoe
September 9, 2014 Supervisors OK $798 Million Budget for 2014-15
May 30, 2014 Board to Review Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15
August 16, 2013 Board Gets Good News, Hears a Few Words of Caution at Budget Workshop
June 7, 2013 Board Of Supervisors Adopts Proposed Budget for 2013-14 Fiscal Year
March 13, 2013 Board Takes Important Step in Drive to Develop 2013-14 County Budget
February 26, 2013 Board Of Supervisors Holds Workshop On 2013-14 Priorities, Challenges