District 1 Supervisor Jack Duran
Elected to the Placer County Board of Supervisors in June 2010, and re-elected in 2014, Jack has pledged to continue his long record of leadership by example.
Before serving as supervisor Jack was the President of the Roseville High School District Board of Trustees, an accomplished business attorney and Placer County Peer Court Judge, who has lived and served in our community for over 25 years.
Jack moved to Roseville at age 18, attending Sierra College and working as a truck driver for UPS. After putting himself through CSU Sacramento and the McGeorge School of Law, where he graduated with honors, he served as a Deputy Attorney General at the California Department of Justice before transitioning into private practice.
From ensuring oversight of taxpayer approved school bond funds, mentoring area youth and working with local law enforcement to reduce juvenile delinquency, Jack has been praised as one of Placer County’s most trusted voices on issues of fiscal responsibility, education and public safety.
Jack and his wife Kim have been married for 25 years and live in Roseville with their two sons—Jared and Jakob.
Jack is a descendant of the Yselta del Sur Pueblo of El Paso, Texas.
Committees and Commissions
Placer County has many committees and commissions to assist in the successful governing of the county. These committees and commissions have a far reaching impact for all of us.
Goals of committees and commissions:
Collect and provide information about issues facing our county from you, your neighbors as well as other interested parties. Advise the Board of Supervisors and to other county decision-making bodies, officials, and staff based upon this information.
The following are the committees and commissions to which I have been appointed to in order to assist our county:
- Advisory Committee on County Accounting Procedures
- City-County Committee for Regional Development Issues
- County Audit Committee
- Criminal Justice Policy Committee
- California State Association of Counties Board of Directors (Alternate)
- First Time Home Buyer Mortgage Revenue Bond Program – JPA (Alternate)
- Flood Control & Water Conservation District Board of Directors
- Greater Sacramento Area Economic Council (Alternate)
- Greenprint Steering Committee
- Highway 65 Joint Powers Authority (Alternate)
- Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO)
- National Association Of Counties
- National Association Of Counties – Western Interstate Region
- Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (Alternate)
- Sacramento Area Council of Governments
- Sacramento Area Council of Governments/Rancho Cordova – South Placer Connector
- Sacramento Area Council of Governments/ Capital Valley Regional Service Authority
- Sierra-Sacramento Valley Emergency Medical Services Agency (Alternate)
- South Placer Regional Transportation Authority – JPA (Alternate)
- SPRTA Sub-Committee: Policy Advisory Committee
- South Placer Regional Wastewater Authority – JPA
- Veterans Memorial Hall Board
- Western Placer Waste Management Authority