Skip to content

Medical Care Services Program (MCSP)

The Medical Care Services Program (MCSP) is a County-based program that offers health care to single or married adults between the age of 21 and 64 with no children, and who are not eligible for Medi-Cal or Medicare Coverage Expansion (MCE).  This program determines eligibility, authorizes care, performs case management, processes and pays medical claims and submits required reports to the State.

Am I Eligible? 

You may be eligible for MCSP if you:

  • Are not eligible for Medi-Cal and do not have other health insurance
  • Are either a legal U.S. citizen or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence or permanently living in the United states under color of law.
  • Live in Placer County
  • Have an income below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). See the chart for details
  • Are age 21 to 64.
  • Meet property limits:  the maximum property allowed is either the amount of your income plus $50.00 or $650.00, whichever is less.  In addition, one vehicle is allowed with maximum value of $1500.00.

       Household Size 

      100% FPL  









    For each additional person, add:

     $ 4,020

Where Can I Apply

The Medical Care Services Program (MCSP) is administered by the Placer County Department of Human Services. You may apply for the program in person at the locations listed below. This program provides eligible applicants with a certificate of eligibility that may be used for services at participating pharmacies, hospitals, and doctors’ offices.

To apply for MCSP benefits, you must visit one of the offices listed below. You will be asked to complete application forms and have an interview with a program specialist.

Auburn in the Placer County Government Center
11542 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 889-7610 Fax - (530) 889-7608

1000 Sunset Blvd. #220
Rocklin, CA 95765
(916) 784-6000 Fax - (916) 784-6100

North Lake Tahoe at Carnelian Bay
5225 North Lake Blvd.
Carnelian Bay, CA 96140
(530) 546-1900 Fax - (530) 546-1912

What to Bring

To expedite your application you may wish to bring with you the following items of verification if applicable:

  • A picture identification card
  • Social Security card
  • Rent and utility receipts
  • Vehicle registration
  • Income verification such as checking and savings account statements
  • Property verification

Frequently Asked Questions

The information on this page is for reference only. Speak to a staff person for the most up-to-date information.