Book Clubs, Classes & Events
6/23/16 - Tech Class:“ Instagram” Learn about this fun photo sharing/messaging tool. Thursday, June 23 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. at Kings Beach Library. Call 530-546-2021 to sign up.
6/28/16 - Book Club: Storied Life of A.J. Fikrey by Gabrielle Zevin. Tuesday, June 28 at 5:00 -5:50 p.m. Meadow Vista Library.
6/30/16 - Book Club: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Thursday, June 30 at 4:00-5:00 p.m. Applegate Library.
7/5/16 - Picture Book Chat: Not Just for Kids Picture Book Chat. (Ongoing event) 1st Tuesday of the month from 5:15-5:45 p.m. at Colfax Library.
7/9/16 - Tech Class: "Organizing Email: Folders, Groups, Contacts" Saturday, July 9 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at Foresthill Library. Call ahead to sign up: 530-367-2785.
7/14/16 - Book Club: Looking for Alaska by John Green. Thursday, July 14 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Rocklin Library
7/26/16 - Book Club: Circling the Sun by Paula McLain. Tuesday, July 26 at 5:00-5:50 p.m. Meadow Vista Library.
7/28/16 - Book Club: Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. Thursday, July 28 at 4:00-5:00 p.m. Applegate Library.
7/28/16 - Tech Class: “Cloud Basics: Where’s my stuff?” Thursday, July 28 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Kings Beach Library. No sign up required.
8/6/16 - Tech Class: "Introduction to Microsoft Word (word processing)" Saturday, August 6 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at Foresthill Library. Call ahead to sign up: 530-367-2785.
8/11/16 - Book Club: The Girls of Atomic City: the untold story of the women who helped win World War II by Denise Kiernan. Thursday, August 11 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Rocklin Library
8/25/16 - Tech Class: “Files and Folders” Introduction to files and folders: store, organize, move, and backup your work more efficiently. Thursday, August 25 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Kings Beach Library. No sign up required.
9/8/16 - Book Club: Natchez Burning by Greg Iles. Thursday, September 8 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Rocklin Library
9/10/16 - Tech Class: "Introduction to Microsoft Excel (spreadsheets)" Saturday, September 10 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at Foresthill Library. Call ahead to sign up: 530-367-2785.
9/22/16 -Tech Class: “Cut the Cord”: Want to know how your friends and neighbors are accessing programming without cable or satellite? This class will give an overview of choices for broadcast, live events, television series and film. Thursday, September 22 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Kings Beach Library. No sign up required.
10/1/16 - Tech Class: "Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint (presentations)" Saturday, October 1 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at Foresthill Library. Call ahead to sign up: 530-367-2785.
10/27/16 -Tech Class: “New Developments in Technology” What are the latest trends and developments in the Tech world? Thursday, 2:00 -3:00 p.m. Kings Beach Library.No sign up required.
To be announced, stay tuned!
12/22/16 - Tech Class:“Safety First: Privacy and Security Online” Learn about using passwords, good security habits, virus protection, firewalls and much more. Thursday, December 22 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Kings Beach Library. No sign up required.
- Silver Screen Classic Movies.Check the website for up to date information. Once per month at the Auburn Library.
- Open Mike for the Spoken Word. Fourth Saturday of each month from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. at the Auburn Library.
- Teens & Tweens: Check out Teen Space for ongoing Teen Events
- BOB (Based on the Book) Movie Series (for teens/tweens- grades 6 - 12): Come enjoy a free movie based on a book. Movies are PG-13 rated or lower. Moviegoers are encouraged to bring their own drinks & snack. 3rd Wednesday of each month from 3:15 -5:30 p.m. in the Auburn Library community room.
Books and Conversations
- GED Classes: Free drop-in class to prepare for the GED test. Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 12 - June 30 from 10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. at the Auburn Library. Instruction by Placer School for Adults. No charge. For more information, contact Angela at 530-886-4530.
- ESL Conversation Club: Practice English speaking skills, learn about American culture, get to know the community, and meet people from other cultures and countries. 11:00 a.m. - Noon, every Wednesday at Rocklin Library. No charge.For more information, contact Angela at 530-886-4530
- ESL Class for adults: Learn basic writing and pronunciation, American speech and culture. Tuesdays from 6:00 -8:00 p.m. at Rocklin Library. Starts April 5, 2016. Instruction by Placer School for Adults. No charge.For more information, contact Angela at 530-886-4530
- Not Just for Kids Picture Book Chat. 1st Tuesday of the month from 5:15-5:45 p.m. at Colfax Library.
- Booksales: See the Booksale Schedule for times and locations of all Placer County Friends of the Library Booksales.
- Book Clubs (in person): Check the Scheduled Events calendar (above) for library book club meetings
- Book Clubs (Online): Each month, the Kings Beach Library chooses a new book. Participants have a month to read the book and post comments online: KB Online Book Group. (The book choice is posted there as well.)
- Computer (Skills) Club: Learn computer skills at Colfax Library. Must pre-register. View flyer for details or call 530-346-8211.
- eBooks by Appointment- Get help downloading eBooks. Call Rocklin Library or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Drop-in Tech Help - Get help downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks to eReaders, Tablets, & Smart Phones. Thursdays 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Applegate Library. No appointment necessary.
- One-on-One Computer Help. Colfax Library. Call for an appointment: 530-346-8211
- One-on-One Computer Help. Rocklin Library. Call for an appointment: 916-624-3133
- Drop In Computer Help. Kings Beach Library. 1st Thursday of each month, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Computer Q&A with an Expert. Kings Beach Library, 2nd Thursday of each month, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- iPhone Support Group. Kings Beach Library. 3rd Thursday of each month, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Drop-in Tech Help. Meadow Vista Library. Get help downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks to eReaders, Tablets, & Smart Phones. Wednesdays 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. No appointment necessary.
- Legal Self-Help Clinic, every Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - Noon at Sparks Law Library of Placer County. 1523 Lincoln Way, Auburn. For more information, call: 530-823-2573
Search the Library Catalog
Find books, audiobooks, eBooks & eAudio, DVDs and more
Access your Account
Renew, place holds, view checkouts