Skip to content

Housing Choice Voucher Program

Placer County Housing Authority will be accepting pre-applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Program using an online application process beginning at 9:00 am on October 15, 2014, through 5:00 pm, October 24, 2014.

This is not an emergency housing assistance program.  There is limited assistance available and there will be a waiting list.

Where can I apply? 

Pre-applications will only be taken online during the stated time and dates at

Paper copies of the form will not be accepted.  There is NO CHARGE to apply. The application link will be available 24 hours a day until it closes at 5:00 PM on October 24, 2014.

Am I eligible?

Assistance is based on income verification, Placer County Housing Authority preference factors and selection in the lottery.  Pre-applicants who live or work in Placer County’s jurisdiction which excludes the City of Roseville, and are elderly, disabled, or a low income family will receive preference when determining waiting list order.  A computer generated lottery will be run and 500 pre-applications will be placed on the waiting list. The date or time of an application, if submitted within the open period, will not affect an applicant’s position on the waiting list.  Placer County Housing Authority’s on-line application forms are available in English and Spanish.

Persons with disabilities

If a person with disabilities is unable to access a computer to apply for the HCV Waiting List due to the nature of his/her disability (and is unable to have someone apply online on his/her behalf), that person may request a reasonable accommodation for assistance with the application process. The written request must be received by Placer County Housing Authority no later than 12 pm (noon) on October 24, 2014.

How to contact us

For further information regarding this notice and application period, please contact the Placer County Housing Authority at 530-889-7676. Or send an email to

Placer County Housing Authority

PO BOX 5346

Auburn CA  95604-5346

Placer County offers two housing programs

Housing Choice Voucher Program

Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV) - formerly known as the Section 8 Voucher Program, is a rental assistance program to help low and very low-income families, persons with disabilities and seniors so they can live in affordable, safe, and decent housing. This program covers all of Placer County with the exception of the City of Roseville. The City of Roseville has its own Housing Authority which can be accessed at:

HUD-Veteran's Affairs Supportive Housing

Equal Housing OpportunityHUD-Veteran's Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH)- combines the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for homeless veterans. The VA provides these services for participating Veterans at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outreach clinics.

Am I eligible?

In order to qualify for housing assistance benefits, your total household income must not exceed the gross income limit for your family size and you meet other program requirements established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. You can find detailed program information and eligibility requirements in the 2014 Placer County Housing Authority Administrative Plan.

Household Size Yearly Income
1 $24,050
2 $27,500
3 $30,950
4 $34,350
5 $37,100
6 $39,850
7 $42,600
8 $45,350

If you are determined eligible, your name is put on a waiting list. When your name is reached on the waiting list you will be contacted for an interview.

Where Can I Apply?

Currently, the Placer County Housing Choice Voucher Program and the HUD-Veteran’s Affairs Supportive Housing Program waiting lists are closed and we are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back later.

Placer County Housing Authority
Auburn at Placer County Government Center
11552 B Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603

2014 PCHA Administrative and Annual Plans

Utility Allowance

Fair Housing

The California Department of Consumer Affairs publishes a handbook to help you understand your rights as a renter.
California Tenants -A Guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and Responsibilities.

Placer County residents that are at risk of becoming homeless, may also contact the following agencies to see if funding is available to assist them:

Salvation Army
100 Lincoln Street
Roseville, CA 95678

St. Vincent de Paul
139 Riverside Ave.
Roseville, CA 95678


Persons who believe they have experienced discrimination in housing rental, sales, or financing because of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or familial status can contact any of the following:

U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
HUD Contact information
Housing Discrimination Complaints

California Dept. of Fair Employment & Housing
800-700-2320 [TTY]

California Dept. of Consumer Affairs
800-952-5210 or 916-445-0660
Handbook: California Tenants - A Guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and

Legal Services of Northern California, Auburn
190 Reamer Street
Auburn, CA 95603
Voice: 530-823-7560
Fax: 530-823-7601

Placer Dispute Resolution Service
P.O. Box 1771
Loomis, CA 95650

Questions, or need more information?
Please send an e-mail to:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)