Foresthill Transfer Station Upgrade Project
Foresthill Transfer Station
The public tipping area at the Foresthill Transfer Station (FHTS) was constructed in 1984 and provides solid waste disposal services to approximately 6,000 Placer County residents in the Foresthill area. The public tipping area consists of four bays for tipping mixed garbage, two bays for tipping green waste, and other bins for electronic waste, appliances, metal, and tire disposal. Improvements will include new paving, retaining wall, fencing, drainage facilities, and relocation of the attendant booth with the goal of improving the public turn around area to relieve traffic congestion. In addition, this work will improve the quality of stormwater discharged from the FHTS.
(click here for project schedule)
The FHTS is located at the end of Patent Road in Foresthill.
What to Expect
· Large trucks and construction equipment at FHTS
· Uneven driving surfaces at FHTS
· Possible increase in wait time
· Construction hours from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekdays
· Improved traffic flow, especially for trailers and longer vehicles
· Improved stormwater quality to comply with State permitting requirements
Point of Contact
Casey Ford, P.E.
· Mid-August 2012 - Early September 2012: Mobilization onto site, surveying and layout of improvements, and site preparation.
· September 2012 - October 2012: Complete site preparation, begin block wall, and install electrical and storm drain system.
· October 2012 - November 2012: Complete block wall, install aggregate base and concrete, and begin AC paving upper and lower levels.
· November 2012 – December 2012: Complete AC paving, install AC dike, fencing and gate, and complete project.